News

Trump website ‘defaced,’ campaign spokesman says

Trump website ‘defaced,’ campaign spokesman says

U.S. President Donald Trump‘s website was “defaced” Tuesday evening, one of his campaign spokesman has confirmed. In a tweet just after 8 p.m. ET, Trump’s campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh said the team is “working with law enforcement authorities to investigate the source of the attack.” Earlier this evening, the Trump campaign website was defaced and we are working with law enforcement authorities to investigate the source of the attack. There was no exposure to sensitive data because none of it is actually stored on the site. The website has been restored. — Tim Murtaugh (@TimMurtaugh) October 28, 2020 […]

Continue Reading...

Grand opening of Trent Hills Emergency Services Base goes virtual

Grand opening of Trent Hills Emergency Services Base goes virtual

The grand opening of the new Trent Hills Emergency Services Base went virtual on Tuesday. Located in downtown Campbellford in the Municipality of Trent Hills, the base will house operations for both the Trent Hills Fire Department and Northumberland Paramedics on the ground floor, along with the Trent Hills council chambers on the second floor. Read more: Coronavirus — Northumberland County economic recovery task force delivers final recommendations The facility at 50 Doxsee Ave. S. will also act as the municipality’s emergency operations centre when required. A detailed self-directed virtual tour of the building and other highlights are available […]

Continue Reading...

Interactive maps help Edmonton trick-or-treaters find neighbourhood candy

Click to play video

A number of community leagues in Edmonton have designed virtual maps that show which houses are handing out candy this year. Knottwood Community League created a version that lets residents drop a pin and plug in exactly what’s happening at their house for Halloween. Read more: Coronavirus: Alberta Health issues guidelines for a safe and ‘scary for the right reasons’ Halloween “It’s a step-by-step process on the map to say if you’re handing out candy, how you’re handing out candy safely or if you are just having a display up for people to come to and visit,” said Thomas […]

Continue Reading...

Saskatchewan teen battles extremely rare brain tumour

Mia’s father says she spends hours a day creating artwork on her iPad.

Despite living with an extremely rare illness, 14-year-old Mia Georget still lives life to its fullest. Life was normal for the teen until June 2019 when she was on vacation with her family. The North Battleford, Sask., family went to West Edmonton Mall’s Galaxyland when Mia started to feel different. Mia was dizzy after going on rides and the feeling lasted for months. She was also nauseous and having mobility issues. “I was dizzy all the time. If I stood up normal speed I would get super dizzy and then we went to the hospital,” Mia said. Read more: […]

Continue Reading...

Saskatchewan non-profit offering free legal advice to workers who experience sexual harassment

Saskatchewan non-profit offering free legal advice to workers who experience sexual harassment

A Saskatchewan non-profit is offering a new program aimed at helping workers who have experienced sexual harassment by offering legal advice at no cost. The Shift Project was launched by the Public Legal Education Association of Saskatchewan (PLEA) and offers four hours of free legal advice for people to explore their options. “Our project is two prong, we have the website which is free legal information and we also have a referral program which refers people to speak to a private bar lawyer,” said Hilary Peterson, legal program coordinator with PLEA. Read more: She reported her boss had sexually harassed […]

Continue Reading...

Kapyong Barracks plans to be revealed

Kapyong Barracks plans to be revealed

It’s been nearly two decades in the making, but the plans for a disputed stretch of land in Winnipeg will finally be revealed Thursday. The plans for the development of the Kapyong Barracks will be released at 10 a.m. and will call for a mixed-use village with residential, recreational and commercial aspects to it. The development of the lands has been a complex 17-year process that began when the federal government decommissioned the site and moved the 2nd Battalion Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry to Shilo, Man. Read more: Kapyong Barracks developers ask for public input ahead of final […]

Continue Reading...

Get in Touch

Have feedback, suggestion, or any thought about our app? Feel free to contact us anytime, we will get back to you in 24 hours.