Kapyong

Kapyong Barracks plans to be revealed

Kapyong Barracks plans to be revealed

It’s been nearly two decades in the making, but the plans for a disputed stretch of land in Winnipeg will finally be revealed Thursday. The plans for the development of the Kapyong Barracks will be released at 10 a.m. and will call for a mixed-use village with residential, recreational and commercial aspects to it. The development of the lands has been a complex 17-year process that began when the federal government decommissioned the site and moved the 2nd Battalion Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry to Shilo, Man. Read more: Kapyong Barracks developers ask for public input ahead of final […]

Continue Reading...

Kapyong Barracks developers ask for public input ahead of final master plan

One of the concept plans for the Kapyong Barracks land along Kenaston Boulevard.

The developers working on a “First Nation urban economic zone” on the Kapyong Barracks land expect to settle on a master plan for the site this fall, and are soliciting feedback from the public. Some 800 people tuned in to a webinar Tuesday night where representatives of Treaty One Development Corporation and the Canada Lands Company, along with urban developers, showcased three concept plans for the 160 acres along Kenaston Boulevard, and explained the vision for the site. One of the concept plans for the Kapyong Barracks land along Kenaston Boulevard. Submitted / Treaty One Development Corporation and Canada […]

Continue Reading...

Public consultations for Kapyong site attracting large numbers of Winnipeggers, say developers

Public consultations for Kapyong site attracting large numbers of Winnipeggers, say developers

An emerging development at the former Kapyong Barracks site in Winnipeg is generating huge interest from the public, according to developers. A webinar detailing the master plan for the area will take place Wednesday evening, and so far, close to 1,000 people have signed up to learn more about the long-awaited project. Developers had to scrap previous plans to hold in-person sessions to present the development plans to the public, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The development of the lands has been a complex 17-year process that began when the federal government decommissioned the site and moved the 2nd […]

Continue Reading...

Website launched seeking virtual feedback on Kapyong Barracks design plans

Website launched seeking virtual feedback on Kapyong Barracks design plans

A website has been launched to let the public see what the future will hold for the old Kapyong Barracks land on Kenaston Boulevard in Winnipeg. The site, treaty1.ca/Kapyong, goes through the timeline, history and current design aspects of the project. Canada Lands Company (CLC) told 680 CJOB it has had to scrap in-person sessions with the community because of the COVID-19 pandemic. READ MORE: Demolition of Kapyong Barracks to start next week “We’ve pivoted and developed the project website that will provide anyone who is interested about what’s happening on the lands information about the project,” said Chris […]

Continue Reading...

Get in Touch

Have feedback, suggestion, or any thought about our app? Feel free to contact us anytime, we will get back to you in 24 hours.